I-35 Conrads-Kohlenberg Road
Project ID (CSJ): 0016-04-104
With the growth of New Braunfels, particularly in the northern commercial and industrial part of town,
an immediate need to relieve congestion at the intersection of FM 306 and I-35
has arisen. This project addresses the congestion by reconfiguring ramps that
move truck traffic past FM 306 before exiting I-35.
Need & Purpose
- Need: Increased truck traffic along the I-35 corridor
coupled with regional population growth in Texas has created
travel demand that exceeds its current capacity. The existing
I-35 facility through Central Texas is an essential element of
the local and regional transportation system.
- Purpose: The purpose of the project is to meet local and regional travel demands by increasing capacity; upgrading the transportation infrastructure to meet current FHWA and TxDOT
design standards for interstates, bridges, and frontage roads;
thereby improving the safety of travelers along I-35.
This project will reduce traffic congestion and improve safety by.
- Reconfiguring exit and entrance ramps to provide a
northbound exit ramp immediately after FM 306 and a southbound
exit ramp before FM 306
- Building additional turn-lanes
- Construction Cost estimate:
- Construction begins winter 2014 and is expected to be
complete in one year