I-35 and Loop 337
Project ID (CSJ): 0016-05-107
Recent business developments and area growth near the intersection of Loop 337 and I-35
have increased traffic congestion, exceeding the highway's current capacity.
Local leadership has partnered with TxDOT to develop a solution that will
address the growing traffic and reduce the safety risks associated with the
Need & Purpose
- Need: Increased truck traffic along the I-35 corridor
coupled with regional population growth in Texas has created
travel demand that exceeds its current capacity. The existing
I-35 facility through Central Texas is an essential element of
the local and regional transportation system.
- Purpose: The purpose of the project is to meet local and regional travel demands by increasing capacity; upgrading the transportation infrastructure to meet current FHWA and TxDOT
design standards for interstates, bridges, and frontage roads;
thereby improving the safety of travelers along I-35.
This project will address congestion while improving safety at this
- Adding lanes to Loop 337 between I-35 and Altgelt Road
- Adding lanes to the Loop 337 overpass bridge at I-35
- Improve turn-lanes along the I-35 access roads at Loop 337
- Construction Cost Estimate:
- Construction began spring 2014 and is expected to be
complete late 2014