I-35 at Ronald Reagan Boulevard (Theon Road)
The existing Ronald Reagan Boulevard (Theon Road) bridge will be replaced with new eastbound and westbound bridges. In addition, the project includes realigning Ronald Reagan Boulevard and tying in CR 311 to connect to the
newly constructed bridges.
Need & Purpose
- Improve safety and mobility
- Replace existing two-way bridge at Ronald Reagan Boulevard with two separate eastbound and westbound one-way bridges. Both bridges will accommodate one travel lane, bike lane, and six-foot sidewalk.
- Realign Ronald Reagan Boulevard and tie-in CR 311 to connect to the new bridges.
- Project development funded by the Williamson County Road Bond Program
- Construction funded by Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and TxDOT
- Construction cost: $13.6 million
- Finalize schematic and environmental documentation: anticipated winter 2016/2017
- Begin Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E): January 2016
- Complete PS&E: March 2019
- Construction letting: March 2019
- Construction start: June 2019
- Construction completion: anticipated mid-2021
Project Vicinity Map
Public Information Officer
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426