I-35 Waco Project 3A1 - Troy
Project ID (CSJ): 0015-04-067
Project 3A1 is widening I-35 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes for approximately 6.4 miles from Loop 363 in Temple to North Troy City limits in Bell County.
Need & Purpose
- Need: Increased truck traffic along the I-35 corridor coupled with regional population growth in Texas has created travel demand that exceeds its current capacity. The existing
I-35 facility through Central Texas is an essential element of the local and regional transportation system.
- Purpose: The purpose of the project is to meet local and regional travel demands by increasing capacity; upgrading the transportation infrastructure to meet current FHWA and TxDOT
design standards for interstates, bridges, and frontage roads; thereby improving the safety of travelers along I-35.
This project will address congestion while improving safety at this I-35 location by:
- Widening approximately 6.4 miles of
I-35 from four lanes to six lanes (three lanes in each direction).
- Upgrading on and off ramps.
- Converting frontage roads to one-way
- New direct connectors, u-turns and traffic signals
- Converting Main St./FM935 from an underpass to an overpass
- Construction Cost Estimate:
- Construction Complete: estimated fall 2018