I-35 Waco Project 3B - Lorena
Project ID (CSJ): 0015-01-187,
Project 3B is widening I-35 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes for approximately 9.8 miles from Old Bruceville
Road to Sun Valley Blvd/FM2063 in Lorena.
Need & Purpose
- Need: Increased truck traffic along the I-35 corridor
coupled with regional population growth in Texas has created
travel demand that exceeds its current capacity. The existing
I-35 facility through Central Texas is an essential element of
the local and regional transportation system.
- Purpose: The purpose of the project is to meet local and regional travel demands by increasing capacity; upgrading the transportation infrastructure to meet current FHWA and TxDOT
design standards for interstates, bridges, and frontage roads;
thereby improving the safety of travelers along I-35.
This project will address congestion while improving safety at this
I-35 location by:
- Widening approximately 9.6 miles of
I-35 from four lanes
to six lanes (three lanes in each direction).
- Upgrading on and off ramps.
- Converting frontage roads to one-way
- New direct crossover, u-turns and electronic message signs
- Construction Cost Estimate: