I-35 Waco North from 12th St. to N. Loop 340
This project includes widening the mainlanes to four lanes in each direction and improving frontage roads and interchanges from 12th St. to N. Loop 340.
Stay updated on the project! Sign up for updates.
Beginning as early as April 28, 2019 the following activities are anticipated weather and field conditions pending.
- Northbound mainlanes reduced to two lanes
- Southbound exit ramp for 4th – 5th Streets permanently removed, use exit 335B for University Parks Dr.
- Pedestrian bridge at 8th St. permanently removed, use ground-level intersection
- Various lane closures along frontage roads
- Improve safety and mobility
- Add capacity
- Incorporate technology
- Enhance aesthetics
This project will improve I-35 in Waco from 12th Street to N. Loop 340.
- Widening mainlanes to 4 lanes in each direction.
- Improving frontage roads and ramps.
- Reconstructing bridges and improve interchanges.
- Adding U-turns.
- Improving bicycle and pedestrian access.
Construction Cost: $341 million
Construction begins in May 2019 and is anticipated to be complete in 2024.
Initial construction activity starts on the frontage roads and the northbound mainlanes. Northbound mainlanes will be reduced to two lanes in various locations.
- April 17, 2019 Open House Materials
- Dec. 11, 2018 Open House Materials
- Project Plans
- Project Diagram
- Schematic from 21st St. to 7th St.
- Schematic from 7th St. to MLK Jr. Blvd.
- Schematic from MLK Jr. Blvd. to BUS 77
- Schematic Elm Avenue Braided Ramp
- Schematic from BUS 77 to Parish St.
- Schematic from Parrish St. to North Loop 340
- Interactive Map (download Google Earth do view an interactive map of improvements)
- Construction Communication Plan