My35 Central Texas News
Lorena Project Finished, U.S. 190 Flyover Open
Another portion of the I-35 renovation project is complete, with three lanes now open to traffic in each direction. Known to TxDOT and construction workers as the Lorena Project, or Project 3A-2, the nearly 10-mile section between Waco and Bruceville Eddy quietly opened in time to accommodate Memorial Day traffic. | Read More
MOTORISTS IN TEMPLE GET HELP CHOOSING FASTEST ROUTE
In TxDOT's continuing effort to save I-35 motorists time and frustration, decrease congestion and increase mobility, new temporary comparative travel-time signs have been installed near Temple on both the northbound and southbound sides of I-35. The signs display estimated travel times through town for both I-35 and Loop 363. The travel time for I-35 is shown constantly, and the travel time for Loop 363 is shown when it is significantly lower than I-35. | Read More
Chisolm Trail MarkERS DEDICATED
New historical markers commemorating the Chisolm Trail in Texas were dedicated Saturday, June 4, 2016, at the Hillsboro County Courthouse. One of the markers was placed at the courthouse, and two others were placed at the Safety Rest Areas along I-35 in Hill County, between Abbott and Hillsboro. | Read More
Section 1B: SALADO (FM 2843 to FM 2484)
- Completed the southbound retaining-wall stagecoach mural at new Salado Plaza crossing.
- Completed the southbound retaining walls along the mainlanes between Salado Creek and Thomas Arnold Rd.
- Moved mainlane traffic to new pavement on northbound and southbound mainlanes over Salado Plaza.
- Opened new crossing under I-35 on Salado Plaza Dr.
- Converted the northbound frontage road from Main St. to FM 2484 converted to one-way traffic.
- Opened the northbound off-ramp to FM 2484.
Down the Road
- Continue constructing new mainlanes, retaining walls, overpasses, and ramps at Salado Plaza
- Continue constructing new approach slabs and connections to frontage roads at FM 2484.
- Continue constructing the retaining walls and traffic barrier at FM 2484.
- Continue constructing the southbound frontage road north and south of FM 2484.
- Complete construction of the new southbound frontage road and Salado Creek Frontage Road Bridge to full width from Thomas Arnold to FM 2268.
- Continue placing topsoil and seed along the mainlanes and frontage roads.
Section 1C: Salado to belton (FM 2484 to us 190/fm 436)
- Poured the southbound frontage-road bridge deck over the Lampasas River.
- Poured the southbound mainlane bridge deck over Lampasas River (all bridge decks for this project are now complete).
- Placed landscape walls and sidewalk at FM 436 under I-35.
Down the road
- Continue constructing the southbound access road between Loop 121 and Shanklin Rd.
- Continue constructing the southbound mainlanes and culverts from FM 2484 to Loop 121.
- Continue constructing the southbound frontage road from Shanklin Rd. to FM 2484.
- Continue constructing the southbound mainlane and southbound frontage road Lampasas River Bridges.
- Continue high mast illumination construction at the I-35/US 190 interchange.
- Activate the traffic signals at the intersection of FM 436/US 190 and the frontage roads.
- Continue placing topsoil and seed along the northbound mainlanes and frontage road.
Section 2B: TEMPLE (S. LOOP 363 TO N. LOOP 363)
- Southbound exit ramp #302 (Nugent Ave.) is closed indefinitely as work on mainlanes and access road continues in this area.
- Completed installing precast concrete panels at the remaining Spur 290 structure.
- Began constructing the retaining wall on the east side of I-35 Nugent Underpass.
- Began installing mainlane pavement at Adams/Central intersection.
- Began constructing southbound mainlane pavement south of BNSF Belco Yard Overpass.
- Began reconstructing permanent northbound frontage road from S. Loop 363 through the Ira Young St. interchange.
- Began installing new southbound frontage road CRCP from BNSF Lampasas Sub Overpass to 49th Street.
- Began installing bracing of the existing Industrial Avenue Underpass to facilitate partial demolition of the two southern spans.
Down the Road
- Continue constructing the retaining wall on the west side of I-35 mainlanes in the Nugent area.
- Open the new southbound off-ramp south of Loop 363.
- Continue constructing the storm sewer on the southbound frontage road from BNSF Lampas-Sub Rail Road Overpass south.
- Continue constructing the driveways/sidewalk near Avenue H.
- Continue concrete pavement installation on the west side of I-35 for the Spur 290 roadway.
- Continue constructing the retaining wall to support installation of the depressed southbound mainlane section at the south end of the project.
- Continue installing southbound frontage road pavement south of BNSF Lampasas-Sub Railroad Overpass.
- Continue installing the concrete rail on the southbound frontage road structures at BNSF, Belco and Lampasas-Sub Overpasses, southbound mainlanes south of the southern Loop 363 interchange, and retaining walls south of the Central and Adams on-ramp and southbound frontage-road header.
- Continue constructing the retaining wall on the east side of I-35 Nugent Underpass.
- Continue installing mainlane pavement at Adams/Central intersection.
- Continue constructing southbound mainlane pavement south of BNSF Belco Yard Overpass.
- Continue work on last phase of culvert installation north of S Loop 363.
- Continue reconstructing permanent northbound frontage road from S. Loop 363 through the Ira Young St. Interchange.
- Continue installing southbound frontage road pavement from BNSF Lampasas Sub Overpass to 49th Street.
- Switch the northbound frontage road traffic to the new northbound frontage road from Carpenters down to the existing Industrial Avenue Underpass.
- Continue installing bracing of the existing Industrial Ave. underpass to facilitate partial demolition of the two southern spans.
Section 3A-1: TEMPLE TO TROY (N. LOOP 363 TO N. TROY CITY LIMIT)
- Completed southbound mainlane bridge embankment and bridge substructure at FM 1237.
- Set bridge beams for southbound mainlane bridge at FM 1237/Pendleton Rd.
Down the Road
- Continue concrete paving on the southbound mainlanes.
- Continue subgrade work for the southbound mainlanes from Berger/Hart Rd. to the end of the project.
- Continue working on southbound mainlane bridge embankment and bridge substructure at FM 935/Main St in Troy.
- Switch traffic onto new northbound frontage road at south Troy bridge between FM 1237/Pendleton Rd. and FM 935/Main St.
- Continue working on new tie-in at Pegasus Dr.
- Pour southbound mainlane bridge deck at Berger/Hart Rd.
- Place bridge beams for FM 1237/Pendleton Rd. ramp bridge.
- Pour southbound mainlane bridge deck at FM 1237/Pendleton Rd.
Section 3A-2: TROY to bruceville-eddy (N. TROY CITY LIMIT to woodlawn rd.)
- Began work on the new southbound mainlane overpass at North Eddy.
Down the Road
- Continue tying in the new side streets along the southbound frontage road between UPRR and FM 107.
- Continue working on the new UPRR bridges.
- Demolish the existing northbound mainlane bridge at UPRR and begin working on new northbound mainlane bridge.
- Switch traffic to west half of the new southbound frontage road from UPRR to FM 107.
- Switch traffic to the new northbound mainlane pavement from Big Elm Rd. to Blevins.
- Continue building the embankment for the new southbound mainlanes from FM 107 to UPRR.
Section 3B: LORENA TO HEWITT (WOODLAWN RD. TO SUN VALLEY BLVD./FM 2063)
- Completed construction of the decorative monument elements at the W. FM 2837/Old Lorena Rd. and Callan Ranch Rd. turnaround bridges.
- Opened new mainlanes to three lanes in each direction from FM 2063/Sun Valley Blvd. to near Bruceville-Eddy in time for Memorial Day travel.
Down the Road
- Continue installing highway illumination.
- Continue hanging permanent cantilevered signs.
- Complete paving the southbound frontage-road driveways.
- Begin planting vegetation, installing sod, and topsoil.
- Install riprap (irregular stones) on slopes under bridges.
- Install overhead and small roadside signs.
- Apply raised pavement markings (part of final configuration striping).
- Continue installation of mailboxes.
- Continue pouring asphalt on side streets.
BRAZOS RIVER BRIDGES (WACO)
- Completed adding landscaping elements like colored concrete, limestone rock, and lighted gabions under the bridge along the Riverwalk.
Down the Road
- Complete installation of handrail on ADA walkway.
SECTION 4A: WACO ACCESS ROADS (MLK TO TAYLOR)
- North-to-south access roads and the turnaround from MLK Blvd. under I-35 at the UPRR crossing have been permanently closed. New access roads and railroad crossing bridges will be constructed to replace them.
- The southbound frontage road turnaround between Forrest St. and UPRR has been closed permanently at Cherry St.
- Completed installing drainage trunklines up to Forrest St.
- Began working on installing the manholes, inlets, and lateral lines.
- Closed the Peach St. connection to southbound frontage road for approximately 40 days to complete the southwest retaining wall for the southbound frontage road UPRR bridge.
Down the Road
- Complete installing the manholes, inlets, and lateral lines on both sides of the highway.
- Complete retaining walls on all four quadrants of the UPRR crossing.
- Complete retaining walls on the south quadrants of the Forrest St. crossing.
- Complete pouring concrete for the abutments for both UPRR frontage road bridges early this month.
- Re-open the Peach St. connection to southbound frontage road.
Section 5A: WACO TO WEST (N. LOOP 340 TO FM 1858)
- Completed connection of illumination at FM 1858/Tokio Rd. and put in service in steady-burn mode.
- Began laying roll sodding for final soil stabilization.
Down the Road
- Conduct final performance testing of illumination at FM 1858/Tokio Rd.
- Complete laying of roll sodding for final soil stabilization.
Section 5B: WEST TO ABBOTT (FM 1858/TOKIO RD. TO FM 1304)
- Projected completed.