My35 Central Texas News
TxDOT's History Specialists: Preserving History While Building the Future
One of the most important jobs within the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is perhaps the least known — but the job could have a huge bearing on what we know, or could discover, about Texas and our past. Rebekah Dobrasko is one of five historic preservation specialists at TxDOT, working in the agency's Environmental Affairs Division alongside 10 staff archeologists. | Read More
I-35 Reconstruction — Next Stop: Waco North
As construction projects on I-35 in Bruceville-Eddy, Troy and Temple get closer to completion, efforts are already under way to prepare for the upcoming rebuild of I-35 through Waco, the last remaining section of reconstruction and expansion of the highway planned through the Waco District. | Read More
Section 2B: TEMPLE (S. LOOP 363 TO N. LOOP 363)
- Began installing overhead sign trusses at various locations throughout the project.
- Shifted southbound traffic into a new alignment under the Adams Ave. and Central Ave. bridges.
Down the Road
- Continue constructing the northbound mainlanes and northbound frontage road overpasses at the BNSF Belco Railroad Yard.
- Continue constructing northbound mainlane pavement from BNSF Belco overpass north through the remainder of the project.
- Continue construction of the BNSF underpass.
- Continue construction of the BNSF Lampasas Sub northbound mainlane overpass.
- Continue construction of the west side of the Adams/Central Ave. interchange.
- Continue installation of the project power grid and roadway lighting.
- Continue construction of various overhead sign columns and the concrete rail throughout the project.
- Complete installation of the remaining two spans at the 57th Street turnarounds and the 57th Street underpass.
- Continue installing overhead sign trusses at various locations throughout the project.
- Complete the northbound frontage road between Adams/Central Ave. and Nugent Ave.
- Open new temporary northbound off-ramp at Central/Adams Ave. (Exit #301).
Section 3A-1: TEMPLE TO TROY (N. LOOP 363 TO N. TROY CITY LIMIT)
- Completed installing signs for the new southbound mainlanes.
- Completed installing brick pavers on various intersections.
- Completed paving on the islands north of the Loop 363 on the east and west sides.
Down the Road
- Continue working on the east half of the northbound frontage road from FM 935 to North Troy.
- Complete the islands at the southeast and northeast corners at the FM 935 intersection.
- Continue installing light poles at the northbound frontage road/FM 935 intersection.
- Continue working on the tie-in between Bottoms East Rd. and the northbound frontage road.
- Continue working on the tie-in between Lely Dr. and the northbound frontage road.
- Perform asphalt repairs at the southbound-frontage and northbound-frontage roads.
- Start laying the final asphalt layer at the frontage roads.
- Continue working on the northbound frontage road between Berger/Hart Rd. and FM 1237.
- Continue working on the North Troy intersection, Berger/Hart Rd. intersection, FM 1237 intersection, and West Main St./FM 935.
- Complete removal of portable barrier walls from the southbound mainlanes.
- Continue surface preparation for final striping for the northbound and southbound mainlanes.
- Continue final striping for the northbound and southbound mainlanes.
- Continue pouring driveways at various locations on the northbound frontage road.
- Continue shaping ditches on the east side of the northbound frontage road.
Section 3A-2: TROY to bruceville-eddy (N. TROY CITY LIMIT to woodlawn rd.)
- Completed paving the southbound and northbound mainlanes between North Eddy and Old Blevins Rd.
- Completed installing the permanent center barrier between South Troy and Big Elm Rd.
- Completed setting beams on the new FM 107 bridge.
Down the Road
- Continue construction on the new southbound frontage road at FM 107.
- Complete constructing new drainage structures along the northbound frontage road and new northbound mainlanes between Old Blevins Rd. and FM 107.
- Continue working on the east retaining wall at the new FM 107 underpass.
- Continue working on the new intersection of the northbound frontage road and FM 107.
- Continue working on the new FM 107 bridge.
- Pour the bridge deck for FM 107 bridge.
- Open the new mainlanes to six lanes.
SECTION 4A: WACO ACCESS ROADS (MLK TO TAYLOR)
- North-to-south access roads and the turnaround from MLK Blvd. under I-35 at the UPRR crossing have been permanently closed. New access roads and railroad crossing bridges will be constructed to replace them.
- The southbound frontage road turnaround between Forrest St. and UPRR has been closed permanently at Cherry St.
- Forrest St. Bridge is closed.
- Poured the concrete bridge deck on the westbound and eastbound sections of the Forrest St. Bridge.
- Began constructing the bridge guardrail.
Down the Road
- Continue construction of the new northbound on-ramp.
- Continue construction of the new southbound exit ramp.
- Continue construction of the northbound and southbound frontage-road bridge rails.
- Continue to work on the tie-in point for the new southbound frontage road to the existing frontage road.
- Continue to work on opening the new southbound frontage road.
- Continue constructing the FM 107 bridge guardrail.
- Continue construction of the southbound U-turn bridge at FM 107.