My35 Central Texas News
Much-Anticipated Waco Expansion Project to Begin Next Week
In what will be the most extensive road reconstruction project ever undertaken in the Waco District, the 6-mile, I-35 expansion project in the city limits of Waco begins next week, affecting the largest number of motorists of any one project in the entire I-35 Waco District corridor. However, once completed, the 4.5 – 5-year project will also have major results. | Read More
Tell Us What You Think! TxDOT Wants to Hear from Wacoans Ahead of Construction
As TxDOT begins construction from 12th Street to North Loop 340 in Waco, the department wants to hear opinions from travelers about what information they find useful as they travel I-35 and what traveler information system works best for them. To participate in a brief, anonymous survey, visit My35survey.org. Survey results will be used to evaluate and improve current traveler information efforts.| Read More
Section 2B: TEMPLE (S. LOOP 363 TO N. LOOP 363)
- Completed construction of the northbound frontage road north of Nugent and the turnaround south of Belco.
- Switched the northbound mainlane traffic onto the final pavement from the Belco Bridge area to tie into the adjacent project north of Loop 363.
- Switched the northbound mainlane traffic onto the final pavement from the south end of the project to the Belco Bridge area.
- Completed pouring the northbound mainlane bridge structure over the BNSF Belco yard.
Down the Road
- Continue construction of the BNSF underpass.
- Continue construction of the west side of the Adams/Central Ave. interchange.
- Continue installation of the project power grid and roadway lighting.
- Continue construction of various overhead sign columns and the concrete rail throughout the project.
- Continue installing overhead sign trusses at various locations throughout the project.
- Continue construction of Avenue H overpass.
- Complete the north-to-south turnaround at Avenue H.
- Pour the northbound frontage road bridge structure over the BNSF Belco yard.
Section 3A-1: TEMPLE TO TROY (N. LOOP 363 TO N. TROY CITY LIMIT)
- Began putting in block sodding.
Down the Road
- Continue working on the northbound frontage road between Berger/Hart Rd. and FM 1237.
- Continue working on the North Troy intersection, Berger/Hart Rd. intersection, FM 1237 intersection, and West Main St./FM 935.
- Continue surface preparation for final striping for the northbound and southbound mainlanes.
- Continue final striping for the northbound and southbound mainlanes.
- Continue final striping on the northbound and southbound frontage roads and intersections.
- Continue installing mailboxes at the northbound frontage road.
- Continue installing the metal-beam guard fence at various locations on the northbound frontage road.
- Continue applying anti-graffiti on bridges and retaining walls.
- Continue permanent seeding.
- Continue putting in block sodding.
- Continue setting the control cabinets at various locations through the project.
- Working on punch list (final list of wrap-up tasks).
Section 3A-2: TROY to bruceville-eddy (N. TROY CITY LIMIT to woodlawn rd.)
Down the Road
- Continue construction on the new southbound frontage road at FM 107.
- Continue construction on the new northbound frontage road at FM 107.
- Complete constructing new drainage structures along the northbound frontage road.
- Complete new northbound main lanes between Old Blevins Rd. and FM 107.
- Complete working on the east retaining wall at the new FM 107 underpass.
- Complete placement of final asphalt layer on the northbound and southbound frontage roads.
- Complete work on the new FM 107 bridge.
- Continue work on the new intersection of the northbound frontage road and FM 107.
- Continue surface preparation and the final striping for the northbound and southbound main lanes.
- Complete pouring driveways at various locations on the northbound and southbound frontage road.
- Continue installing concrete riprap and stone riprap for culverts at various locations on the southbound frontage road.
- Continue setting control cabinets at various locations through the project.
- Continue installing mailbox posts at the northbound frontage road.
- Continue installing the metal-beam guard fence at various locations on the northbound and southbound frontage road.
- Continue installing the over-structure bridge sign at the southbound frontage road.
- Continue the final striping for the northbound and southbound frontage roads.
- Continue shaping ditches on the east side of the northbound frontage road and in the southbound frontage road.
- Complete installation of the new dynamic message sign.
- Complete re-surfacing FM 107/3rd St.
- Continue construction of the new sidewalks in Bruceville-Eddy.
- Continue placing topsoil and final seeding between the main lanes and frontage roads between FM107 and UPRR bridge.
- Continue installing permanent signs all over the project.
- Continue adding items to the punch list for minor repairs and clean-up.
SECTION 4A: WACO ACCESS ROADS (MLK TO TAYLOR)
- North-to-south access roads and the turnaround from MLK Blvd. under I-35 at the UPRR crossing have been permanently closed. New access roads and railroad crossing bridges will be constructed to replace them.
- The southbound frontage road turnaround between Forrest St. and UPRR has been closed permanently at Cherry St.
- Completed installing brick pavers at the Forrest Ave. intersection.
- Removed the detour between the southbound frontage road and the southbound mainlanes near Taylor St.
- Completed drainage at Spring St. on the east side of the job.
- Installed the driveway on the southbound frontage road near Forrest Ave.
Down the Road
- Install large exit signs for the southbound frontage road at Exit 335-C.
- Complete installing the seeding/soil retention blanket on the southbound mainlane near MLK.
- Complete general clean-up/punch list.
SECTION 4B: WACO 12TH STREET TO N. LOOP 360
- Completed the second public meeting/presentation on plans for upcoming construction.
- Deployed work zone notification signage.
- Set up field offices.
- Began weekly project meetings.
- Began setting up a concrete barrier to compress northbound traffic into two lanes.
Down the Road
- Begin setting the traffic barrier on the southbound access road throughout the project area.
- Begin setting the traffic barrier on the northbound mainlanes to compress traffic to two lanes.
- Begin building up the northbound mainlane and shoulder to serve as temporary mainlanes later.
- Permanently close and remove the southbound off-ramp to 4th/5th Streets.
- Permanently close and remove pedestrian bridge near 8th St.
- Permanently close and remove the east 77 to south I-35 on-ramp.
- Permanently close and remove the north I-35 to west 77 off-ramp.
- Begin work on sewer and water lines near 12th St. on the southbound access road.
- Begin work on driveway access points on the southbound access roads from N. Loop 340 southward.