I-35E from FM 566 to US 77
Project ID (CSJ): 0048-08-049
TxDOT is planning improvements for I-35E in Ellis County, from two miles south of FM 566 (Ellis/Hill County line) to US 77 South - improvements include updating the roadway to current design standards and widening for congestion
relief of expected future traffic increases.
Need & Purpose
- Need: Increased truck traffic along the I-35 corridor coupled with regional population growth in Texas has created travel demand that exceeds its current capacity. The existing I-35E facility
through Ellis County is an essential element of the local and regional transportation system.
- Purpose: The purpose of the project is to meet local and regional travel demands by increasing capacity; upgrading the transportation infrastructure to meet current FHWA and TxDOT design standards
for interstates, bridges, and frontage roads; thereby improving the safety of travelers along I-35.
This project will reduce congestion and enhance safety at this I-35E location by:
- Widening I-35E from four lanes to six lanes (three lanes in each direction).
- Minor ramp alignment modifications at various locations along I-35E.
- Construction cost: $36 million
- Construction start: February 2016
- Estimated completion: March 2018
Project Vicinity Map
Public Information Officer
TxDOT Dallas District
4777 E. Highway 80
Mesquite, TX 75150